PURE WILDLIFE - 6nts
Price on a per person sharing basis. This is a Rand based safari priced on exchange rate of 14/1
Excludes Intentional flights.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THIS TRIP
This is one of our most popular safari experiences and is truly hard to beat for quality camps and game viewing. The variety of species and habitats, from cheetah and black rhino to lion and leopards, along with many others big and small, in a setting of coastal forest, open plains and wooded savannah create a fabulous game viewing expereince. That, combined with convenient flights and two award-winning lodges adds up to a marvellous experience.
- 3 x Phinda Nature Reserve, Kwazulu Natal
- 3 x Sabi Sands, MalaMala
PHINDA VLEI LODGE 3 nts
Phinda Vlei Lodge is an intimate romantic, private safari destination. Overlooking the Reserve’s unique vlei (wetland) system on the edge of the sand forest, its location offers ever-changing game viewing from the comfort of your bed, your shower or your private plunge pool.At Phinda Vlei Lodge simply spending time in your spacious suite is like being on safari. With each suite carefully positioned for a prime view of the animals coming out to drink and panoramic vistas from even your shower or bathtub, the game viewing never stops!
Guests can look forward to interiors accented with antique tapestries, fine art, vintage cotton and linens, as well as elegant silver and crystal ware. Each air-conditioned suite features a spacious room, luxurious ensuite bathroom, and dressing room. The ensuite bathroom provides a sense of old-world luxury, while the suite’s interiors showcase a mix of curated antiques and collectables. Guests can also take advantage of a private lap pool and game viewing deck that overlooks a grassy meadow, where they can observe antelope grazing nearby, as well as a variety of birdlife.
Unwind in the beautiful surrounds of the main guest area, which also includes a handsome library, and a convivial fire pit setting – perfect for pre-dinner drinks! Mealtimes are a delightful affair, with a variety of settings to indulge in the lodge’s delectable menus; one of which is a spacious, all-weather deck that allows for al fresco dining with spectacular views of the surrounding wetland.
MALAMALA CAMP 3 nts
MalaMala Camp is a haven of understated luxury combining warm comfort and superb service with unrivalled views of the Sand River and surrounding bushveld. It is truly a place of legends where rare photographs, old maps and extraordinary mementos rub shoulders with the works of renowned contemporary wildlife artists.The camp is an unfenced oasis in the middle of the bush.
MalaMala Game Reserve is the benchmark for the luxury safari industry in Southern Africa. It is one of the largest private Big Five game reserves in South Africa and is world-renowned for offering the finest and most consistent Big Five game viewing this side of the equator.
Comprising 13 200 ha (33 000 acres), MalaMala shares a 19 km (12 mile) unfenced boundary with the world-famous Kruger National Park (KNP) and lies strategically sandwiched between the KNP and the Sabi Sand Reserve. Importantly, MalaMala has 20 kms (13 miles) of Sand River frontage. This perennial river acts as a magnet for animals in this pristine wildlife area and is the foundation of MalaMala’s unrivalled game viewing and wildlife experience. The camp features the following:
- A warm and inviting lounge area – an ideal place to relax or socialise
- An elegant, African themed air-conditioned dining room
- The iconic “Buffalo Bar” featuring historic photographs of the early days of MalaMala
- An expansive wooden safari deck, in the shade of a Jackalberry tree, overlooking the Sand River.
- An air-conditioned library with satellite television and DVD player – affectionately known as the “Monkey Club”
- A traditional reed “boma” for evening meals around the fire.
- A large filtered infinity pool with magnificent views across the river
- A well-appointed safari boutique with quality clothing, jewellery and artefacts
- A small fitness facility with stationary bicycle, treadmill, multi-gym machine, rowing machine, sit-up benches, pull-up bar, free weights, and mats
- A massage service
- Mobile phone coverage (MTN) and complimentary wireless internet connectivity are available at all the MalaMala Game Reserve camps
- Return flights from Johannesburg
- Airport and lodge transfers
- At both lodges, accommodation and all safari activities, meals, drinks [locally supplied selection]
- Daily conservation fees in each reserve, payable either at the lodge or in advance.
- International Flights
- Compulsory comprehensive insurance
- All relevant entry and departure Government taxes
- All personal purchases (including curios, spirit liquors, telephone calls, etc.)
- Optional extra activities
- Pre and post safari tours
- All other travel arrangements pre or post the safari and any new Government taxes
- Fuel or industry increases which are beyond our control
CONTACT US FOR A DETAILED ITINERARY
Send us your details; when you are interested in traveling, how many adults and children and we will get back to you with availability.
PLEASE CLICK HERE [takes you to a webform]